From ASUC Wiki
Revision as of 18:49, 22 February 2014 by Eqian
- The ASUC (Associated Students of the University of California) Auxiliary serves to support and aid the ASUC student government at UC Berkeley. It provides students with a number of resources including The Lead Center, Art Studio, Event Services. It aids the ASUC student government with student-related concerns as well as finances.
- The ASUC Auxiliary is committed to improving student life at Berkeley, and creating a cohesive and strong community on campus.
- The ASUC Auxiliary is a department under the Division of Student Affairs at UC Berkeley. It has been serving the university since 1887, when the ASUC student government was officially established.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The ASUC Auxiliary receives revenue from student income, as well as a number of services it runs like the Art Studio and Event Services. It also manages many services that provide leadership opportunities and programs through the Lead Center. In addition, the ASUC Auxiliary is responsible for on campus facilities such as Anthony Hall, the Multicultural Center, UC Berkeley Public Service Center. In many ways, the ASUC Auxiliary serves as the foundation for the campus community by providing students with a wide range of opportunities. It funds 25 ASUC government offices, over 1000 student clubs, 40 student publications, and even the Graduate Assembly.
- The vibrant atmosphere of the UC Berkeley campus comes from having resources like the ASUC Auxiliary, which support students and encourage them to play an active role in their campus community. The ASUC Auxiliary strives to enrich student life by planning and executing many events and free on-campus services. In fact, the recent construction of Lower Sproul to improve on campus facilities and services falls under some of their jurisdiction.
Address: 114 Hearst Gymnasium Berkeley,CA 94720 Telephone: 510-642-1431 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org