Haas Pavilion

From ASUC Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

History

The arena was originally built in 1933 as the Men’s Gym. The playing surface, after being known as simply "Room 100" since the arena opened, was renamed Pete Newell Court in 1987 in honor of Pete Newell, who led Cal to the national championship in 1959. The arena was heavily renovated from 1997 to 1999 after Walter A. Haas, Jr. of Levis Strauss & Co donated about $11 million.

Haas Pavilion
.

Function

The Walter A. Haas, Jr. Pavilion is the home of the University of California's men's and women's basketball, women's volleyball, and men's and women's gymnastics teams.