Wheeler Hall

From ASUC Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Information

Benjamin Ide Wheeler Hall is a building located in the middle of the UC Berkeley campus that is home to the English department. It was named after the University President Benjamin Ide Wheeler (1899-1919) and designed by John Galen Howard. Wheeler Hall was opened in 1917 and cost over $700,000 to build. The building houses the largest lecture hall on campus, holding 732 seats. There are also two floors of classrooms that surround the auditorium.

References

1. http://berkeleyheritage.com/1967_UC_Berkeley_Buildings.html